This Web site is operated and controlled by An Comunn Gàidhealach Ltd, a charity registered in Scotland (Registered charity number SC001282) and having its principal offices at Leverhulme House, Perceval Square, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2DD.
Any personal data collected through this Web site will be treated as confidential under the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
An Comunn Gàidhealach is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as a data controller (notification number Z1671718) and the register entry can be inspected at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Cookies and Personal Information
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Below is a list of the cookies that are in use on this Site.
- This is the main site "session" cookie. This cookie is essential for the correct functioning of the Mòd event entry application. It is deleted when you close your browser. It contains no data that could be used by other web sites or, once you have completed your payment, by this web site.
While using this site you may be asked to provide some personal information. We use your Personal Information you provide us with for processing event entries, providing you with services, processing payments, communicating with you about orders and entries, updating our records, generally maintaining your accounts with us. We may also use this information to improve our site and the entry application, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
You will be required to agree to An Comunn Gàidhealach using your details in this way when you complete the registration process. Similarly, if you wish to contact An Comunn Gàidhealach through the Web site you may be asked to provide some limited personal information to enable us to respond to your question or comment.
An Comunn Gàidhealach does not sell or rent personal information to third parties. We may make information available to tax and law enforcement authorities in particular cases, as required or permitted by law.
If you use the online payment facilities offered on this Web site, the details you provide will be stored on a secure server operated by the our online payment service provider. An Comunn Gàidhealach does not have access to these details. The payment service provider will only inform us about the identity of the person making payment and the nature of the payment. If you are aged 12 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to this Web site.
The information provided on this website is believed to be accurate at the time of writing but An Comunn Gàidhealach accepts no liability for the contents and anyone relying on these contents does so at their own risk. Nothing on this website is to be construed as binding An Comunn Gàidhealach or constituting an offer on behalf of An Comunn Gàidhealach.
Summary of terms
- Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most widely used browsers currently are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- IP (Internet Protocol)
- All networks connected to the internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
- IP address
- If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 22.214.171.124
- Web Server
- Assembles and delivers web pages to your computer.
If you have any queries or comments relating to the above, please contact us.